This tomato soup recipe is a royal gourmet that you can cook at home. The taste, aroma, flavor and the appearance make this soup suitable for a master-chef competition, or for a luxury restaurant. The ingredients are not among the ordinary but all you can find them in any supermarket and well worth every penny!
- 4 medium onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a glass of white wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth (use vegetable broth concentrate)
- a cup of coconut milk
- a 200 gram jar of sun dried tomatoes (in oil)
- a heaping tablespoon of tomato paste thick
- oregano, basil, salt, pepper
- 2 teaspoons red balsamic vinegar
- one teaspoon (or two) of honey (optional)
- three tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
→ Chop the onion. Crush the garlic with the flat blade and finely chop it.
→ Put the onion and garlic in the oil from dried tomatoes and cook them. Put salt and a little pepper.
→ Sauté the onion.
→ Add tomato paste and wine and keep the heat (stirring) another 5 minutes.
→ Put the vegetable broth to a boil. Add onion and garlic. Boil 10 minutes.
→ Add sun-dried tomatoes and herbs. Brown the pine nuts in a pan without fat, and add them to the soup. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
→ Mix all with a vertical blender.
→ Put the vinegar, coconut milk (you can substitute regular milk), honey, salt and pepper, to taste.
→ Serve decorated with basil and a few drops of olive oil.